Custom Nexus 7 Mount

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone had seen this mount from Soundman for the 2011+ Edge with MFT? http://soundmancaraudio.com/videofeed/lmbh7eAYL8k

Well, it looks freaking awesome! But, it is expensive as heck. I called them up and they said they have the molds ready, just need to make it, but the cost is $800!!!!! That seems ludicrous to me for the little bit of material it takes them to make it, and the fact that they have already made the mold for the holder. I am no fiberglass fabricator though, so who knows.

Anyway, onto my request. Anyone on this board have good fiberglass skills willing to take this project on if I pay you? :) I am in the PHX area. Or, if anyone has done a similar thing with a Nexus 7 tablet or similar I would love to see how you did it!

Thanks!

• Like 1

WOW. How simple a design... That's a great idea. Let me tell you, to make what they made is so easy that a beginner can do it. You can buy a small fiberglass repair cloth (enough for this job) from Kmart or Walmart for under $5. Fiberglass resin can be had for under $10 for a small can which can do this job 5X. once you've purchased your supplies follow along with their video and you'll make your frame. $800. Ha too funny. Ill be making one of these for myself when I get some downtime over the winter. Thanks for the link.