Droid Razr Maxx BT to MFT.

Well I had a nice surprise on the way home this evening. My work phone was a DroidX that had served me well. I had rooted it and was using a custom ROM. Much faster and total control. The one thing that it couldn't do was display a caller's picture or read me text when I received one.

Well ... the "back" key was dysfunctional 90% of the time and I requisitioned a new phone - The Verizon Razr Maxx (not HD - yet) running Android 4.0.4 (aka - ice cream sandwich). I'd already paired it days ago and at the 2nd or 3rd time I entered the vehicle and it auto connected, I happened to notice a notice on my Maxx .... asking if I wanted to allow BT to use a specific protocol. Which I answered "hell yeah"

So .. I'm driving home I hear this new tone, look down and see ... New Message on the right hand dash screen. READ ? ... ah yeah. And MFT proceeds to read me a text message !!! Ok this is kind of cool. It this works now .. do the contact pictures also now show up? And they did .. BOOYA ! I have full phone integration with MFT !!

So - Motorola Razr Maxx (Android v4.0.4) works fully with Edge MFT.

When MFT reads the text to you does it lower the radio volume? Ours doesn't seem to, plus I find it reads the message too fast so you end up missing the message. I find it easier and clearer to use other apps to do this. Just wondering if this is another thing my system doesn't do correctly.

No .. not all the way. It drops it about 30-40% and then does kind of read it at natural speech pace. But because its "her" she is a bit harder to understand than the other "her" (wife) Or maybe I just listen 2nd one better.

Anywho ... if you turn down the main volume to 0% and then listen to the text, you'll still hear her at the same level as before only now with nothing else at the same time.