LATEST AND GREATEST SYNC UPDATE

Hello,

I read someplace about a new software release to update MFT nav systems.

There is a TSB out #12-11-1 that relates to 2011-2013 Edges and Explorers.

My Ford dealer has not contacted me about this, so I learned about it from SMR.

According to the TSB, the upgrade may need a new SD card, version A4.

My question is;

1- Has Ford shipped or planning to ship the software upgrade thumbdrive WITH the SD card?

2- If it needs to be done at the dealer, will they charge you for the new A4 SD card?

3- If you had it installed. Asside from reinstalling addresses and reparing phone, does it run better?

Thanks much all.

According to what I've seen on other forums:

1 - no but you can download the software yourself using the link in the TSB. I'll try to post it if I can find it. You'd still have to go to the dealer for a new card I presume.

2 - no

3 - yes - response is reported to be much better and much faster with improved voice recognition

Hi akirby,

I spoke to the svc mgr. at the Ford dealer. They would need to hold the car for the day, and will not hand over the SD card b/c they fear the customer will "mess things up".

So it looks like I'll have to take it in.

I did download the software upgrade to a thumb drive, but to do the complete job, you need the card too, so i"m stuck.

Another question, SMR has another download for checking your current software level.

I followed the instructions to download, put the drive into the port in the car, started it, drive light was flashing, waited a few minutes, then removed the drive.

Version info should be on the drive, yes?

I go back to the SMR site, but did not find instructions on how to upload and find out what I have.

What did I miss?