Audio formats supported?

Is there a list somewhere of what audio formats are supported by Sync? Does it matter which radio you have (I have the Sony for my 2012 Edge)?

I was hoping it would support FLAC, but I'm guessing it doesn't at this time. I am just trying to figure out the best format to convert my FLAC files to get the best quality I can on playback. Is there a list of the supported audio formats somewhere?

Thanks for your reply. I'm not really looking for a comparison of different formats. I'm trying to find a list of what formats Ford Sync supports (or Sony, depending on which is doing the decoding). I'm assuming from your reply that Ford Sync supports WAV lossless?

I have many playback devices, so I'm looking to find the best "least common denominator" for all my devices. But for me to figure that out, I need a list of what Ford supports. I can't seem to find that anywhere.

Anybody else know if there is a list somewhere of all the supported audio formats for Ford Sync?

Yes Sync does support WAV Lossless. What I have going on in my truck is an external 500gb hard drive with all my ripped music on it. I don't know if that could help you out in any matter ie. declutter your devices but the hard drive sure does fit allot of music in Wav format on it, plus when I rip my music using windows media player I get the album art encoded with the file, just an option I like :)