Candian Invoice Pricing

kylet

Hi All

Does anyone have, or know of where I can find the specifics on Canadian Invoice Pricing for the 2008 AWD models (including options).

Also, can anyone clairify if the dealer hold-back (3%) is same up here as it is in the US.

Thanks!

Anyone? I want to arrive at the dealer with a complete understanding of his costs. From some of the posts out there, it maybe possible to negotiate a better deal than the X plan.

My current lease is running out and I need to act fast.

Thanks again in advance!

Kyle

Kyle,

I just ordered an '08 MKX AWD yesterday and since the MSRP for the 2008 models have not been posted on the Ford Canada website yet the only way that I am aware of is to go to the dealer. Before I went I asked how much the prices had increased over the 2007 model year and my dealer indicated approximately $750. Based on the 2007 prices posted on the website this is about right. The base AWD model is $45,299 (Can). Does the price include a hold back? You really cannot tell.

The Edmunds site says the following about hold backs: "Almost all dealerships consider holdback money "sacred" and are unwilling to share any portion of it with the consumer. Don't push the issue. Your best strategy is to avoid mentioning the holdback during negotiations. Mention holdback only if the dealer gives you some song-and-dance about not making any money on the proposed deal when you know that isn't true."

I leased through the X-plan and was quite satisfied with the final deal. Unfortunately I have to wait until mid-November but my current lease is not up until then anyway.

I do not know about the Edge pricing but the increase may not be much different but at present there is no stock in the '08's so you will likely have to order.

Bill