2013 Rear Noise

Duck

Has anyone experienced or have knowledge of rear wheel bearing issues with a 2013 Edge. My wife complained about a brake noise and I went for a ride in it with her. She said it has just started doing it and it almost sounds like metal on metal on the rear pads but gets quieter slightly when you hit the brakes only to get louder when you release the brakes. There is no possible way its metal on metal as this car only has 1600 miles on it and from what I can feel and see the rotors are smooth.

My 2013 makes no such noise. It is possible for any mechanical item to break at any time so it could be a wheel bearing, brake problem, or axle problem. Bearing noises will sometimes quite down when brakes are applied or when making a turn.

I would get it back to a dealer and let them figure it out. Good luck.

I was leaning towards a wheel bearing issue, at least as far as I can hear and feel. I spent a little over 20 years as a diesel tech on heavy equipment and do not hear so well now, so if I can hear it then its loud. Right now I'm dealing with 2 brand new hydraulic pumps and 1 has bad shaft splines, new parts bad right out of the box are nothing new and anymore it seems to be more the norm.

• 11 months later...