Battery dead....twice this week...due to cd player

OLDSGUY37

Twice this week my battery has been completely dead. When I attempted to boost the car, the cd changer tried to change cds constantly. No music, no radio, just moving from cd to cd. With the weather cold in Ontario, -25 centigrade one night, I thought this might be the problem but two nights later, -8, it happened again.

I have had my 2010 Edge AWD for almost two years. I bought it used with less than 30,000 km. No problems until this happened. Any ideas?

When you jump the car the cd changer will do that, the last two cars i owned did the same thing but there was never anything wrong (just my own stupidity). It may just be time to replace your battery or it may be your alternator although I doubt it. Usually batteries only have an average life of 4 years and with your super cold winters that doesn't help longevity.

I don't have an edge (yet). But I had to replace my whole stereo in my car because the CD player crapped out. After that, my car battery went dead.

I had to jump the battery 2-3 times, but found out it was a bad connection or the connection to the battery had become loose over time.

My Torrent also went through the changing CD phase, it's just something that it also does but works just fine when the radio and CD player adjust itself.

I do know that after so many years the batteries do need replaced, maybe you just might need a better battery.

Highly doubt it's the car itself.

(BTW: my car was bought new in 2006 and my orginal battery died back in 2009... I also have my car sitting for periods of time with the alarm on which can also strain the battery.)