Newbie Questions

HTW750

Thanks to everyone for their earlier help about warranties etc.

I did buy the 2013 SEL AWD and I have a couple of questions (note I am in Canada):

1. when using the phone my previous system dialed the number, paused for 3 seconds and then dialed the extension. The MyFord Touch system does not seem to dial the extension.

2. On the Navigation screen there is a flashing white circle around the car. Can this be removed or changed?

3. Does the system provide traffic warnings? My old $135 Garmin Nuvi did even if there was a one minute delay but the MyFord Touch system has not shown traffic warnings yet.

Thanks for any advice.

2. On the Navigation screen there is a flashing white circle around the car. Can this be removed or changed?

Not that I know. That was one of the first questions I asked the forum back in July when I purchased my 2013. Even after installing the latest update and the new A4 navigation card, that flashing circle is still there.

• 1 month later...

1. I have heard that there is a limitation in the bluetooth protocol that won't transfer pauses. So it can work fine from your handset but not through Sync. On the other hand, I've also heard of people getting it to work so I suspect it may be a software version problem. The common characters used to insert a pause in a phone number are ',' 'P' or '*'. Try each of them and see if you can get one to work (the comma is a semi-universal 2-second pause from way back in the days of 300 baud modems).

3. If you have a current subscription to Sirius Travel Link (or the free trial period), you will get traffic alerts but only when you actually have a programmed route running in the navigation. I too got used to the Garmin system (imbedded in a Kenwood head unit) giving traffic alerts for the current road without requiring a route programmed... I didn't need routing to get to and from work but it would alert me to accidents anyway. One thing that was a bit annoying was the way it would warn me as I passed an accident that there was an "accident in 24,901 miles". I guess that's the circumference of the Earth?