Adding an amp with sync a problem?

I have a 2012 SEL and about to install an Alpine Amplifier.

A stereo installer said that there are issues adding an amp to a vehicle with Microsoft Sync as the volume will be ridiculously loud during phone calls, phone ring tones, etc.

Is this true?

If so, what can be done about it?

-MM

Is it possible to find out which speakers that the sync system will use when ringing or while in a telephone call. You might find that if the installers use line level outputs, perhaps the current/existing sub you have might not be utilized during those actions and therefore might be the wiring to tap for the line level output. Just a thought.

The installer is wrong. I have an REQ5 stripping all sound from the SYNC system after the deck, sending the signal from the REQ to two amps (one for a JL stealth sub, and one 4-channel for new door speakers I installed, and my system works fine. As Dingo noted, the different functions have independent volumes so there is no problem with them being too loud. Works like a charm for me and my Edge sounds amazing. BTW: I have a 2011 SEL with MFT.

If you replace the stock speakers and add an amp, in my opinion, yes you do need a signal processor. The stock deck sounds out audio based on EQ settings that work specifically for the stock speakers, which are fairly crappy (yes, even the Sony ones). Mostly my opinion, though some what educated based on my experience with this system.