Can someone explaing the X Plan Process?

cmoses

Sure he did. Then he's going to add a $400 documentation fee and maybe some "dealer accessories" to make up for it. Or he's taking it out of the trade-in. Or he's keeping the rebate. None of which is allowed under X plan rules.

The dealer gets a spiff check from Ford on every A/X/Z plan sale. X plan is also below invoice on Fords. Why would a dealer give up the spiff check and sell you a vehicle $250 below actual invoice (eating into the holdback) on a popular vehicle? Unless you're getting a special deal from the owner - not likely.

Any regular incentive you'd qualify for on a normal purchase are still applicable to X plan purchases. Some special rebates (like AQHA) can't be used but there are sometimes special plan only rebates available that make X plan even better. These are typically done when the mfr is offering dealer incentives that aren't advertised.

They are not deceiving. Invoice is invoice - that's what Ford charges the dealer. Of course the dealer gets up to 3% back on the holdback but the advertising fees on the invoice are 100% legitimate. The dealer pays this to Ford on each vehicle and then Ford gives that money to the local dealer association to cover local dealer ads. The dealer doesn't keep any of that money or the fuel surcharge, etc. There is nothing deceptive about it.

Unless you have a special arrangement with the owner or you're buying a vehicle that the dealership really, really wants to get rid of - you're not going to beat X plan.

... and akirby once again defends retarded dealer pricing with no facts.

I know there are exceptions to every rule, but it always seemed to me that you are generally correct to play by them. I am aware of several plan buyers that decided they didn't have to play by the rules and got charged back the commission that Ford paid to the dealership on their vehicle. (look at the elements that you agree to, in order to get the deal!) The employees that lost their privileges usually got them back after a couple of years. It wouldn't be worth it to me - but I guess I'm a Wuss.

After Ford make such a deal over Blue Oval brokering pins, I'm sure they would like to find instances where the rules were broken, just to make examples. :finger:

I work for a supplier to the automotive industry, and am part of GM's plan, Chrysler's plan, and the Ford X plan. I have also purchased 6 new vehicles over some years. I find that if you are a shrewd and knowledgeable buyer, these plans actually can hold you back. I have consistently gotten better deals (better deals for me) with shrewd negotiating than with these plans. (Granted, you have to be prepared to walk out of some dealerships; some just simply won't sell at the price you might want (but there is ALWAYS one that will if there is any profit at all in it for them).

I work for a supplier to the automotive industry, and am part of GM's plan, Chrysler's plan, and the Ford X plan. I have also purchased 6 new vehicles over some years. I find that if you are a shrewd and knowledgeable buyer, these plans actually can hold you back. I have consistently gotten better deals (better deals for me) with shrewd negotiating than with these plans. (Granted, you have to be prepared to walk out of some dealerships; some just simply won't sell at the price you might want (but there is ALWAYS one that will if there is any profit at all in it for them).

Maybe if you're willing to take a vehicle the dealer wants to get rid of or one that is selling slowly. If a dealer sells you a Ford on X plan they're making the 3% holdback minus about $100 plus the spiff check from Ford which I think is around $400. If they sell you the same vehicle let's say, $100 below X plan price, then they make 3% holdback minus $200 - period. No spiff check.

What most people either don't realize or simply overlook is without X plan the dealer can charge a documentation fee (usually around $400) and they can keep dealer cash or include factory rebates in that price that they would not otherwise be able to do on a X plan sale.

Unless you get a true "out the door" X plan price and compare it to a non X plan "out the door" price then you don't really know if you beat the X plan price or not because the dealer can play games and hide fees.

Not saying it isn't possible, but it's highly improbable that you'd beat the real X plan price out the door on a popular vehicle.

Maybe if you're willing to take a vehicle the dealer wants to get rid of or one that is selling slowly. If a dealer sells you a Ford on X plan they're making the 3% holdback minus about $100 plus the spiff check from Ford which I think is around $400. If they sell you the same vehicle let's say, $100 below X plan price, then they make 3% holdback minus $200 - period. No spiff check.

What most people either don't realize or simply overlook is without X plan the dealer can charge a documentation fee (usually around $400) and they can keep dealer cash or include factory rebates in that price that they would not otherwise be able to do on a X plan sale.

Unless you get a true "out the door" X plan price and compare it to a non X plan "out the door" price then you don't really know if you beat the X plan price or not because the dealer can play games and hide fees.

Not saying it isn't possible, but it's highly improbable that you'd beat the real X plan price out the door on a popular vehicle.

"...willing to take a vehicle the dealer wants to get rid of or one that is selling slowly". Yes, you are correct; like buying 1-of-the-4 1999 Models still sitting on the lot in Feb. of 2000, or buying a loaded model near the last day of a soft month, in a geographic-based market that has fair demand for base models, but slow demand for the pricey ones.

If one is knowledgeable and shrewed...