Windshield streaks, cannot see when it rains.

I have an 08' edge with something that wasn't there at the beginning, it's streaking on the windshield when it rains that is so bad that poor visibility makes it dangerous to drive. Mind you I have done all the obvious stuff, new wipers (several times and not the cheap ones either...besides the cheapos) cleaned the windshield, put rain-x on it....took the rain-x off. asked my wife if she parks under a tree or something at work and she says no trees around, other than possibly some kind of pollution from a local business I was wondering if anybody else had this problem?

Thanks!!

I have an 08' edge with something that wasn't there at the beginning, it's streaking on the windshield when it rains that is so bad that poor visibility makes it dangerous to drive. Mind you I have done all the obvious stuff, new wipers (several times and not the cheap ones either...besides the cheapos) cleaned the windshield, put rain-x on it....took the rain-x off. asked my wife if she parks under a tree or something at work and she says no trees around, other than possibly some kind of pollution from a local business I was wondering if anybody else had this problem?

Thanks!!

Never had this problem personally but I had a buddy one time that did. It was a combination of a lot of things really.. Things we would never think of happening, but it was a build up of wax, rain x, other cleaners and bug grime and what not, even possibly some SAP, over time. What he did to fix the solution was paint thinner.. He took some paint thinner and put on a cloth, wiped the entire window down very good, let it dry and then wiped the window down with "alcohol" 2-3 times.. After this, the window was damn near brand new and he never had the problem again.

• Like 1