just bought my edge

mustang281

Welcome to the forum!! As was mentioned, nice to see some more first gens here :) Make yourself at home, lots of good people here...

That's a deal! I paid 19 for an '08 SEL with 69k.

Dang y'all are making it look like I stole mine! haha. '07 SEL in almost spotless condition inside and out with 97k, I paid $12,600 when I bought it back in Nov

lxi, did you get it from a dealer and did it come with a warranty? That's so cheap! :rant2:

I bought it from the dealer that I work at.... took almost 2 weeks to get it down to the price/payments I wanted, but they finally got it down. It also helped that it had been on our lot for almost 90 days and they were gonna ship it off to one of our other stores if I didn't buy it. But I guess being an employee I did have a bit of an advantage, lol. If I remember right they had it advertised for I think $15,700. No warranty.... I probably could have gotten one, but knowing we never really have any problems with them, and being able to fix anything myself the cost of a warranty really isn't worth it to me. Plus I would NEVER ever ever buy an outside warranty anyways, they're nothing but a huge scam (yes, I deal with them daily, unfortunately). I did still have to pay some of the dealer fees and whatnot (one of which they got rid of for employees literally a month after I bought this....grrrr), so it ended up being $13k and change OTD..... still not bad at all, and other than 1 rock chip in the RR 1/4 panel and a couple small scratches on the rear bumper cover, it's literally virtually spotless inside and out, and you could tell had been very well cared for. You'd never guess it has 106k on it. Only things wrong with it when I bought it was the RR speaker was blown, and the drivers heated seat doesn't work (needs the heater mat).... both of which I used to get the price down a lil more, haha.

A few pics from when I bought it..... scroll all the way down I added some more towards the end. Only thing different now is I added the factory navigation unit

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/11536-new-guy-here-just-bought-my-07-sel/