Questions on latest update (3.5.1)

I recently had the MFT APIM replaced and the dealer upgraded us to the latest version. Since the update we were having a bunch of issues. Just about ever start up would cause a reboot, phone would sometimes indicate it was paired other times not but couldn't force it to connect because it thought it was, incoming calls could hear us but we couldn't hear them, browsing hard drive would indicate only one song available but on screen showing current song would say 10k+. Nav position was at least 100 ft off at all times.

So over the weekend I tried to do a master reset. What has me confused is I seem to remember past MR clearing everything, phone pairings, preferences in nav and other settings. But this time none of that seemed to change. I was most surprised by the system keeping the phone pairings. So I manually deleted them and paired them back to the system. All my previsou settings for nav, back up camera etc were still there. Is this right? I thought they were treating the MR like a hard button reset on a device where it goes back to stock set up. It has only been a few days and no reboots and nav seems reasonably close so maybe it did work but can anyone comment on whether or not the MR was supposed to return it to stock?