Sunroof Gets stuck while closing

mcali6301

• 1 month later...

Sunroof has been working fine until the other day.

When holding down the close button, it get stuck with one inch to go, moves back one inch, I take my finger off of the button and press again which closes the roof fully.

Anyone know anything?

Hi mcali6301,

Have you been to your dealer to have this checked out? Let me know once you have a diagnosis and I'll look into possible options on my end.

Todd

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

My vista sunroof got stuck open 3" while out of town, got some duct tape and cardboard to get it home, read Thomas Sun's post on initialization, but did my own variant by first opening the sunroof fully by holding the button until it got there, cleaned the tracks out with WD40 as solvent, a toothbrush, and Qtips until the blackness was pretty much gone, then lubed it all real light with silicone spark plug boot grease in the tracks for the glass, giving special attention to the cam features in the front edge of the track, and cleaned/lubed the shade tracks and all the sealing surfaces with silicone spray on paper towels and Qtips to minimize the risk of oil-soiling the shades, headliner, etc. (got a lot more gunky buildup off the weather stripping than I though I would). Then followed the instructions on initialization, worked 1st try...... Thomas Sun deserves a payday for that info!!!

• Like 1