Just Sayin....2013 Edge

surfer1

Good morning .....

Picked up a 2013 SEL Edge a couple of weeks ago. I had sold a couple of cars that I had and wanted to find a car that could blend some of the fun factor of my Saab convertible and the utility of my Honda Element......not a easy task. I looked and researched everything and found it very limited to meet the criteria for under $40K. I did manage to narrow down to the Volkswagen Tiguan and the Ford Edge. The Tiguan's interiors were absolutely outstanding but the functionality and utility was lacking. It drove and felt similar to my wife's Audi. It's need for premium gas was a total disappointment and was rejected. The Edge seemed to meet the majority of my needed. I would have to research the differences between the SEL, Limited and the Sport. I needed towing, Sunroof and leather. I would also appreciate any driving and safety option available as well. Visually, I am not a fan of Ford's idea of enhanced luxury via chrome or Blacked out pieces. So a loaded SEL was now in the realm of ownership. Casey at Harris Ford in Seattle helped me find my Mineral Grey/Med Stone Edge. The utility of the Edge is very solid although not like the Element (nothing is). The looks however, drew me in. While not perfect as all vehicles are, it did allowed for some simple customizing. I removed and replace the chrome 20" wheels and replaced with a set of Falken wheels that look sensational. I added the EGR matte black hood guard, added OEM rails and replace the chrome front grill for black .......she is a total keeper. I think there will be a learning curve with the MyFord touch screen but am optimistic that after I have time and a few upgrades to the software I will be satisfied. I will say the quality of the leather is average at best but will use waterproofing and covers to protect. This is a fine vehicle that I am proud to own. I have always been a Ford F150 owner and excited to have purchased American once more. There are arguably better vehicles out there in the category, however, none were able to meet all my needs as the Edge. Drive safe.

Edited by surfer1
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...