Powder Coating Rims

Phillmatchett

I don't know how much you would have to pay to have them done or what color/finish you are looking for. I check eBay all the time, and one seller, detroitwheelandtire always has some nice wheels. Last year they were blowing out some 20" Edge wheels, tires, TPMS, and center caps for prices under $1200.00 if I recall.

I know you said yours are 22", these are just 20's" to give you an idea of what they are doing. Lately they are doing a powder coat or something similar. I am just putting these links to show what they are doing. I don't know how those exchange prices figure with your costs.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-EXPLORER-PVD-Black-Chrome-Wheels-Factory-Rim-3861-Exchange-2011-2013-/200957922881?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Wheels&hash=item2eca068e41&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-EXPLORER-PVD-Bright-Chrome-Wheels-Factory-Rim-3860-Exchange-2011-2013-/110993289491?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Wheels&hash=item19d7b73113&vxp=mtr

Shipping from the States would likely be expensive for rims along with the cost of duty fees. I'm sure I could find some decent deals in Canada, but I like my current rims. Powder coating would cost be roughly 600.00 which isn't very much, especially with my location. Any mechanical work on vehicles is 200.00/hr. I'll likely plasti dip them first. It'll make the decision a lot easier.

I have a few shops in my area that do powder coat and do great work for prices that are completely reasonable. People tend to think that powder coat is really expensive, and are usually surprised to find out its not nearly as much as they think. Especially when doing black, as that is the most common colors that shops use, so they can do more than just your rims while they're at it, thus bringing the cost down. I was quoted $50/wheel at the shop that did my frame when I was building my bike, and if the quality of the frame was any indication, I would gladly have done the wheels, but Im planning on going with a different wheel.

Basically call a few shops and ask around, because the prices do vary a little bit between shops, but its not too expensive at all to powder coat wheels.

• Like 1