Any 2014 Vista roof cracks?

Dugway 52

Hi:

We're pulling the trigger on a 2014 Edge with Vista roof on Tuesday. I have read very lttle on Vista roof cracking after 2011 models. Is this because very few Vista roof vehicles were produced post-2011 ?

I've been dong some informal research, and have deduced that virtually every fully tempered glass product (from ktchen cookware to office tower glass, to automotive sun roof glass) not manufactured to EN14179-1 (heating glass up to 280C to 300C for 2 hours minimum in manufacturing process) will present cracking in an x volume of fully tempered glass product at x sheet thickness. So, based on the volume formula (from European SGGD technical paper) in calculating the enevitable single instance of nickel sulphide inclusion in 300 sq meters at 8mm thickness produced (sheet glass coming off the production line), and the approximate area of glass represented by the Vista roof on the Edge, my rough estimate number is ~~1 Vista glass roof install in appx 179.3 would be affected by self-shattering not due to point impact. This does not take into account the unknown x quantity of Vsta roofs being shattered by projectle objects, nor does it take into account any Vista installaton done out of spec at the manufacturing end...and, asssumes Ford has not changed its glass supplier quality/production specifcation over time...

Anyone know hown many Vista optioned Edges were produced by Ford snce the production started :)

Anyhow, we are going to spring for an SEL with Vista roof regardless, and play the odds.

Cheers,

Dugway-