Changing rim size on my Sport, need advice

12EdgeSport

I've decided to change my 22" wheel size on my 2012 Edge Sport as the original Perillis need replaced. Too noisy and I want a smoother ride and more road mileage. I went to a local Discount Tire store and discussed options with a seemingly knowledgeable sales guy and I chose one of the options he suggested. A new set of 17" rims with Michelins. Obviously the rims are not as awesome as the original Sport rims but have a similar look and the overall height is so close and the speedo will hardly have a difference. Both rims and tires are on order but now after reading some of the posts here I am wondering about the caliper clearance and whether what he gave as an option will actually work or could there be any potential problems? I don't have the specs on the rims we ordered at hand. Are there any heads up that I should be aware of from anyone who has changed original wheel size on their Sport? Thanks in advance

Try and get tires that are the same diameter, so you won't mess up the speedo, and stock gearing/transmission should work the same as stock. You can check on Tire Rack, each tire is different and listed in the specs.

FYI: 18" wheels are stock and they have a couple cool looking styles you could probably pick up used.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...