Will the Explorer wheels fit the Edge?

RR24

Here you go!! Put these on last year. You will need at least a 3mm spacer for the front to clear the caliper though. Either that or you can grind down the edge of the caliper bracket for clearence, but the spacer is much better.

Mine came with silver center caps as well instead of the stock black from the Explorer. I actually like them better so I never bothered to buy a set of black ones.

-Russ

post-25369-0-69867500-1405340977_thumb.jpg

post-25369-0-50621800-1405341000_thumb.jpg

post-25369-0-13206300-1405341022_thumb.jpg

Edited by RustyEdge

Question: Why would you need a spacer (3mm) since the Edge Limited brakes are smaller than the Ex Sport?

I could see it the other way around but...

Here you go!! Put these on last year. You will need at least a 3mm spacer for the front to clear the caliper though. Either that or you can grind down the edge of the caliper bracket for clearence, but the spacer is much better.

Mine came with silver center caps as well instead of the stock black from the Explorer. I actually like them better so I never bothered to buy a set of black ones.

-Russ

Good pics. I don't like these wheels on the Ex, but on your Edge they look cool! Very close to the Edge Sport 22's, which I have.

-Russ

Edited by JETZ

Question: Why would you need a spacer (3mm) since the Edge Limited brakes are smaller than the Ex Sport?

I think it has to do with the concave profile of the wheels themselves. So even if the brakes are smaller the shape brings the rim closer to the caliper and it rubs. Going from the Edge to the Ex wouldn't be a problem since the Edge wheels are more flush in design than the Ex wheels.

The Explorer Sport 20" wheels are 9" wide and an offset of 44mm and the 20" Edge wheels are 8" wide with a 39mm offset, so the Explorer wheels are 17.7 mm closer to the suspension/brakes, the Explorer wheels are a 41mm offset (with the 3mm spacer) and sits it 14.7 mm from the suspension/brakes. The 22" Edge wheels are 9" wide and 39mm offset.

Anthony