Some Teaser Vids

Thanks for those. The reviewers had remarked that you have to mash the gas pedal quite a bit to get the car going. From the looks of it, the RPM gauge was up there quite a bit when you got it going. I'm guessing if you don't mash the pedal, the computer programming is basically leaving it in a more fuel economical mode. You have to mash it to change into "go fast" mode.

Just don't show us any of the "sudden deceleration" kind of videos. I think a few of the guys that have been itching for an Edge would puke if they saw one smashed before they even had a chance to look at theirs. :-)

Some daytime ones for your viewing enjoyment:

Merging onto the freeway through one of those loopy onramps. Gotta love how they give two feet of straightaway to get up to speed, no problem for the Edge however.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4D2ZhnGa_w

Topping out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2NHBKkKkiU

Thanks for those. The reviewers had remarked that you have to mash the gas pedal quite a bit to get the car going. From the looks of it, the RPM gauge was up there quite a bit when you got it going. I'm guessing if you don't mash the pedal, the computer programming is basically leaving it in a more fuel economical mode. You have to mash it to change into "go fast" mode.

yes drive-by-wire systems can be quite an adjustment at first. but these things are designed to "learn" your driving style over time. so after a little while (your first or 2nd tank of gas), it remembers the way that you tend to use the accelerator and after that learning curve tends to be a lot more efficient and responsive