2012 Edge Limited or 2013 SEL

caed

Good day!

I'm purchasing my first Ford Edge and trying to decide between two and was hoping to get opinions!

Option 1:

2012 Ford Edge Limited

Rear DVD, upgraded stereo, Leather, Navigation, Panoramic Roof, 18" chrome rims, 45000kms. 3.5l engine

Option 2:

2013 Ford Edge SEL

Leather with suede inserts, heated seats, Navigation, Panoramic Roof, Appearance package, 20" machined rims, Remote starter, power lift gate, push button start, reverse camera with sensing system, 33000km. 2.0 ecoboost engine

I'm pretty sure the limited has some more options that aren't listed, ie: heated seats but they don't mention it.

The main differences seem to be the limited has dvd and upgraded stereo, plus it is $4000 cheaper. The 2013 SEL has the appearance package and the ecoboost engine.

Cant decide if the appearance package and ecoboost is worth $4000 extra? What are your thoughts?

Also should mention I drive 100kms each way to work (only 3 days a week) but it is 80% highway.

thanks!

I personally did not like the eco - boost engine at all. I test drover several used edge's and found that the V6 just felt more responsive and smoother than either of the eco-boost turbo's that I tried. One of them quite simply felt like the turbo just was not there and getting onto the highway and even wanting to overtake someone, I feared that I could easily get myself into trouble if I was driving this every day. Unless you stamped onto the gas peddle and waited 3-4 seconds, the engine just didn't really want to respond. Now I can't say how well the cars were maintained, but buying a used car how really do you?

Also, from a tires perspective, the 20" rims do look nice to some, but I find the rubber band look of the wheels to be too much of a joke for me, and good luck getting any form of traction over winter time. You are in a snow belt, so you're just going to have to pick up some 17 or 18" rims regardless to put on a decent set of snow tires if you value having any stopping power on the highway when driving. Think slush wet roads with black ice.