Navigation and Radio Setup for Europe (Changing the Frequency)

Hello,

i bought a Ford Edge here in Switzerland. It's one of the first here in this country.

Actually the radio that is in my car is the american one and it is only possible to listen to radiostations with unpair decimal frequency (for example: 101.5, 101.7, 101.9 and so on).

It is possible to change the setting or to upgrade the radio, so that i can receive each european frequency? And how to do it?

The other thing is, my dealer told me that i can't insert the ford edge navigation and radio system, because it works only in the US and not in Europe. Does it have any possibilies to make it work also in Europe or does it exist a special navigation and radio system for europe.

thanx in advance

Roger from Zurich / Switzerland

Edited by Bruzito

• 1 year later...
Hello,

i bought a Ford Edge here in Switzerland. It's one of the first here in this country.

Actually the radio that is in my car is the american one and it is only possible to listen to radiostations with unpair decimal frequency (for example: 101.5, 101.7, 101.9 and so on).

It is possible to change the setting or to upgrade the radio, so that i can receive each european frequency? And how to do it?

The other thing is, my dealer told me that i can't insert the ford edge navigation and radio system, because it works only in the US and not in Europe. Does it have any possibilies to make it work also in Europe or does it exist a special navigation and radio system for europe.

thanx in advance

Roger from Zurich / Switzerland

G'day Roger,

I have a Edge here in Canada, I installed the Pioneer AVIC-D3 Navigation system (current equlivent AVIC-F900BT) in mine just after I got. You can get the brackets and plates and cables from places like www.crutchfields.com and ebay. And with PAC SWI-PS you can use all the buttons on the steering wheel. Any two DIN unit will fit, and the installation (with the exception of the light dimmer) is all pretty easy.

I have a question for you.... Does the Swiss model have amber (orange) rear turn signals? or are they the standard Nth American red?

Regards

CD