edge 2012 fuel gauge

I have noticed the same issue. I have run my fuel down to near empty on two different ocassions and I estimated I had 1 to 1 1/2 gallons left in the 18 gallon tank. One time the nozzle clicked off at 13 gal and I added another 4 gal while it clicked off after about each additional gallon. Second time it clicked off at 13.7 and I went throught the same process to fill the tank. The manual says to stop filling after the first time the pump stops. That would be fine if you only wanted 3/4 of a tank on board. I have tried filling at a slower rate but it still stops at a little over 14 gal and I have to nurse the rest in to get a full tank. I thought I was doing something wrong but apparently others are having similar problems.

I felt the "capless" fuel filler was kind of a funky idea to start with and I hope it doesn't develope more quirks in the future. Sometimes if something ain't broke, one should just leave it alone. In almost 50 years of driving I have never had an issue with a gas cap. I'm just sayin'.

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've experienced the same problem with every single fill-up (91 in total), at a variety of gas stations and I've driven the vehicle over 32,000 miles.  Depending on the gas station and nozzle, the pump kicks off at between 3 and 4 gallons short of full.  Then I have to 'trickle' the gas in carefully so I don't have an overflow.  If this is being caused by the capless filler neck design, I'd prefer to have the old design back.  It's annoying to people waiting in line behind me who are probably wondering why I'm taking so long, and it's annoying when it's the middle of the winter and I'm freezing as it takes me an extra minute to finish my fill-up.

Edited by Gimp