Dead Throttle Response

ozwick

Hi,

I am new to this forum. I own a 2012 Ford Edge Ecoboost. We have been experiencing "intermittently"; a dead spot lasting 2-3 seconds upon depressing the throttle. Seems to me this is a software issue. I had the local Ford dealer look at it but they could not give me any answers. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark

Hi,

I am new to this forum. I own a 2012 Ford Edge Ecoboost. We have been experiencing "intermittently"; a dead spot lasting 2-3 seconds upon depressing the throttle. Seems to me this is a software issue. I had the local Ford dealer look at it but they could not give me any answers. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark

Couldn't give you any answers? ? Is this from a dead stop or under acceleration?

There's a good tech forum, http://www.flatratetech.com that has a lot of Ford techs on there that can help too. ;)

robertlane,

This dead spot is upon accelration while the vehicle is moving. It happened to me as I deaccelerrated on a on freeway on-ramp, turning to the right then upon acceleration to get onto the freeway, there was nothing when the gas pedal was depressed, then appx. 2 seconds later, the engine / RPM's retruned. There is no increase in RPM's during this flat/dead spot. Could this be a TPS?