Ford Edge Ecoboost Fuel Mileage

robertlane

• 2 months later...

So far not so good. I just bought a 2013 Edge Limited Ecoboost. Granted I only have 1000 miles on it, but I would think I'd be getting better mileage than 15.5 even at this point. The computer actually said I was getting 17 but my math is better. Let's hope it improves, otherwise I'm going to be a pretty angry first time Ford owner. I'm gonna give it a few more miles before I really get mad, but there were other cars I liked more but chose not to buy because I was only going to get 21 mpg.

Curious as to how many miles per gallon you're getting with your Edge Ecoboost?

I've had 78 fill-ups so far.  My worst calculation was 18.8 MPG which came around Christmas when I was just going to the store and back with bad stop and go holiday shopping traffic on snowy roads.  My best was 30.7 from an all highway trip at about 70 MPH.  As of today, my lifetime combined average is 25.72

So far not so good. I just bought a 2013 Edge Limited Ecoboost. Granted I only have 1000 miles on it, but I would think I'd be getting better mileage than 15.5 even at this point. The computer actually said I was getting 17 but my math is better. Let's hope it improves, otherwise I'm going to be a pretty angry first time Ford owner. I'm gonna give it a few more miles before I really get mad, but there were other cars I liked more but chose not to buy because I was only going to get 21 mpg.

What are your driving conditions like?  Lots of stop and go and idling?  I don't know how the computer works on the Limited, but on my SEL it is set to measure fuel economy for time periods, not the whole tank.  Off the top of my head, I think that I can set it for a 5-minute, 15-minute, or 30-minute feedback.  I usually like to keep it set for 5-minute feedbacks because it gives me fairly real time information on what the current driving conditions are doing to me.

If you are measuring by fill-ups you need to know that there is a lot of variation due to the filler neck design (combined with the additional variation introduced by different fuel nozzle designs)  so it's hard to get an accurate sense of things.  (Go to the regular Ford Edge forum and read up on the issues with the fuel fill-ups.)  Due to this issue, I don't trust any single fuel fill-up to give me an accurate MPG.  It's only by collecting data over time that I can get an average result that seems pretty consistent.