Attempted to order New Edge

First, I am a retired Ford employee after 30 years. My wife and I decided to order a new Edge. Went to the Fairlane Ford Dealer here in Dearborn, Mi. She picked the color she wanted 'Creme Brulee, exterior and camel cloth interior. Well, the 2007 in stock was there, but not with the items we wanted. So, they brought us a 2008. Same requirements. NOT! For some reason the dashboard was BLACK? I asked the salesman and he said it's because of the glare off the dash complaints. Well, we didn't buy the Edge.

I would like to know why someone would throw in a BLACK dash with a camel interior? What is wrong with a dark tan or darker brown? It looks STUPID. It distracts from the style of this new vehicle.

Whoever made the decision to go black obviously doesn't have any taste in car color combinations.

I would not recommed a new Edge for anyone for this reason.

I will be ordering a new F-150 in a few weeks. I hope to God that isn't the same issue with the trucks. If so, then Ford will miss out on another sale.

First, I am a retired Ford employee after 30 years. My wife and I decided to order a new Edge. Went to the Fairlane Ford Dealer here in Dearborn, Mi. She picked the color she wanted 'Creme Brulee, exterior and camel cloth interior. Well, the 2007 in stock was there, but not with the items we wanted. So, they brought us a 2008. Same requirements. NOT! For some reason the dashboard was BLACK? I asked the salesman and he said it's because of the glare off the dash complaints. Well, we didn't buy the Edge.

I would like to know why someone would throw in a BLACK dash with a camel interior? What is wrong with a dark tan or darker brown? It looks STUPID. It distracts from the style of this new vehicle.

Whoever made the decision to go black obviously doesn't have any taste in car color combinations.

I will be ordering a new F-150 in a few weeks. I hope to God that isn't the same issue with the trucks. If so, then Ford will miss out on another sale.

?? First you wanted certain options, the '07 didn't have what you wanted, so because your mad, you will get a pick-up. Oh well, hope your holiday goes well for you.

You're the only one who's complained about it around here - most think it's an improvement. If you'd read all of the glare comments then maybe you'd understand why they did it.

The CX-7 and CX-9 have the same layout for a reason, glare, and it does look much more attractive and upscale than an interior with the same camel color everywhere, I always thought the lighter camel interior on the Edge was for rental car company's, it didn't look upscale, and now it does.

Black and The "Camel" are a common choice in cars today, It looks really nice and if I was available when I got mine I definitly would have picked it over the full black.

Edited by CreamEDGE.

I do not agree with you.....I think the color combination is beautiful. There is no bad glare with this color dash...and I think it is a very very classy look...

I am surprised you did not like it, but to each his own...