Looking for a new ride!

kinzey129

:happy feet: Hello all!

I am currently looking into getting a new car before too long. I have been looking at the Ford Edge for a while. I am just looking for opinions on which would be the best to get. I was looking at the AWD SEL with the Vista Roof, DVD nav and the Sync.

Has anyone recently got one and or those who have had theirs for a while, what is your opinin of this vehicle? I live in Pittsburgh, Pa so any help would be great!

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
:happy feet: Hello all!

I am currently looking into getting a new car before too long. I have been looking at the Ford Edge for a while. I am just looking for opinions on which would be the best to get. I was looking at the AWD SEL with the Vista Roof, DVD nav and the Sync.

Has anyone recently got one and or those who have had theirs for a while, what is your opinin of this vehicle? I live in Pittsburgh, Pa so any help would be great!

Thanks

I too am looking at the Edge. I never thought I'd be looking into an American car. They just really are not my style with their weird styling and plastic dashboards, but the Edge actually looks nice. I'm going to test drive it soon. I currently drive an Acura (it's my second one) and I'll see if I feel a major difference.

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/index.php?showtopic=836

Hello boys - check out the string above - Edge owners post their reasons for buying etc...

It's a good place to start - I had a Toyota Solara and didn't think I would/could like the handling on a crossover - but the Edge handles great... much better than I could have imagined.

If you already like the styling - then a test drive will show how great a ride the Edge is.

Good Luck

• 5 weeks later...

My wife and I really enjoy our edge. We have a small trans leak which it is in the shop now for repair. Other then that I have no complaints. May want to rethink the vista roof though, I saw several reports of problems with them. Not only on here but from the ford guys at our shop. I work for another brand automobile at our dealership and an all glass roof isn't just frustrating for the consumer when there is a problem but also for the tech working on the car. Very costly to repair should need be, in parts and labor. We dont have one for thoes reasons. Kind of wish they would have offered a regular sunroof.

Very user friendly and quiet on the highway. Great riding car and the awd is a great peice of mind when my wife has to drive in the inclimate weather.

Have had my Edge since March 2007 - AWD SEL without the Vista roof since I am 6"3" and prefer to have the headroom. My Manager also has an Edge plus Vista roof and when I rode in her car there is a lot of wind noise with the roof open.

I had a Mazda Tribute and GMC Jimmy before the Edge and I MUCH prefer the Edge. I was always a confirmed GM man but the Edge changed my mind. When I was looking for a new vehicle, only the Edge could give me all the options that I wanted.I like the Mazda CX7 (which is smaller) but I wanted leather seats without the sunroof and guess what - that option is not available. also the "fit and finish" really impressed me. It feels like a quality product - no rattles or squeaks and even the plastic trim panels feel solid and well put together.

I now have 21,000km on my Edge and have had no problems until last week when I took it back to the dealer with the well known "oil smell" which turns out to be the PTU seal leaking onto the exhaust. Should be fixed on Monday..

I am leasing the Edge and have been asked whether I would have another Edge at the end of the lease. Answer: YES :yup:

Hope this helps with your choice.