how do you like it?

npggirl

I have not ordered one yet because I will not be ready to buy one for a few months now, but I have been following all the news and so forth for a while now. Still have not seen one in person...only over the net...For those of you who have seen the EDGE, what do you think? Beautiful?

For those who have driven one, what do you think? Comfortable?

I am so ready to own one....

I have not ordered one yet because I will not be ready to buy one for a few months now, but I have been following all the news and so forth for a while now. Still have not seen one in person...only over the net...For those of you who have seen the EDGE, what do you think? Beautiful?

For those who have driven one, what do you think? Comfortable?

I am so ready to own one....

I have only test driven one for a short drive and the things that stood out the most were the comfort of the front seats and the abiltiy to adjust the steering wheel (tilt and telescope to get just the right driving postion) and the ride. I test drove an SEL with leather however the cloth looked much better than many of the cloth seats I have seen but did not sit in them. As in the reviews, these things stood out in my mind. Oh, and the styling is nice. The interior plastics were not luxury quality but I thought they were nice. I was recently in a Mercury Milan and the interior plastics, dash and seats were almost identical to the edge. I also have to agree with the rear seat being less comfortable because it was low which may be fine for kids but I think they were trying to get more head room at the expensive of overall comfort. I wish they would have put a seperate hinged back window because it is much more convienent than opening the full gate. I did not drive the vehicle agressive enough to test the brakes, as they have been getting raked over the coal in all reviews. One final word on the overall feel of the vehicle was one of comfort. I think that the vehicle was tuned to be less sporty than it could have been. So it depends on what you are used to! I would hope they release a sport version in the near future for the driving enthusists and to match the vehicles looks! I drive a svo mustang in the summer and villager minivan the rest of the year so I am at each extreme and like the edge because it somewhere it between yet much closer to the sportier side of things. So it all depends on what you are looking for? Test drives of the Mazda Cx-7 that I have read raved about the sporty driving manners of that vehicle. But there are some trade offs. It all gets back to what you are looking in a vehicle! You make the Call.

I have only test driven one for a short drive and the things that stood out the most were the comfort of the front seats and the abiltiy to adjust the steering wheel (tilt and telescope to get just the right driving postion) and the ride. I test drove an SEL with leather however the cloth looked much better than many of the cloth seats I have seen but did not sit in them. As in the reviews, these things stood out in my mind. Oh, and the styling is nice. The interior plastics were not luxury quality but I thought they were nice. I was recently in a Mercury Milan and the interior plastics, dash and seats were almost identical to the edge. I also have to agree with the rear seat being less comfortable because it was low which may be fine for kids but I think they were trying to get more head room at the expensive of overall comfort. I wish they would have put a seperate hinged back window because it is much more convienent than opening the full gate. I did not drive the vehicle agressive enough to test the brakes, as they have been getting raked over the coal in all reviews. One final word on the overall feel of the vehicle was one of comfort. I think that the vehicle was tuned to be less sporty than it could have been. So it depends on what you are used to! I would hope they release a sport version in the near future for the driving enthusists and to match the vehicles looks! I drive a svo mustang in the summer and villager minivan the rest of the year so I am at each extreme and like the edge because it somewhere it between yet much closer to the sportier side of things. So it all depends on what you are looking for? Test drives of the Mazda Cx-7 that I have read have raved about the sporty driving manners of that vehicle. But there are some trade offs. It all gets back to what you are looking in a vehicle! You make the Call.

Thank you so much for your input! I am used to driving all sorts of things, which is why the edge appeals to me so greatly. I have had a mini-van, a camaro, and so forth...so, I am somewhere in the middle...looking for room and comfort, yet style and beauty! Also function...

Our dealerships around here do not have any on the lots yet, but I cannot wait to check it all out in person.

I appreciate the post and the help....

Thank you~