drl lights

lemsocruz

Sorry for the inaccurate reply I posted that you may have to add the wire harness. I was thinking of just the factory light strip being added, not the aftermarket DRL's.

I installed the DRL's and removed my factory lights. Someone was interested in buying them, but didn't have the wire harness in his vehicle to hook them up to. That is why he would have had to purchase or make the wire harness which is actually a pair of connectors with wires.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-2014-Ford-Edge-front-bumper-lights-pigtail-electrical-connectors/201046929674?_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140602152332%26meid%3D01b0d4f3533741b796b6489e2813ecb8%26pid%3D100011%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D2%26sd%3D200907990465

These are the connectors I was thinking would have to be added if the vehicle didn't have the wire harness from the factory. So Dan's kit does include them? I don't remember not plugging my factory connectors back in when I added the DRL's. Maybe I did and just didn't use the ones that come with Dan's kit?

I checked his install video but didn't even see factory connectors being removed when the original lights are taken out.

Edited by ls973800

The first version of Dan's lights used to use that factory harness. The current version does not use it all and doesn't even have a replacement harness either because those particular connections are not necessary. It just has a dummy socket on the back of the new lamp assemblies so that you have a place to park the factory harness (if your vehicle has one) to keep from leaving it just hanging loose behind the bumper cover.

• Like 1