Stealthbox in 2013 Sport + PICS

I installed my stealthbox long time ago, but I have recently ordered miles of this sound deadner GT mat... and decided to fix my whole back with it.

So here's how stealtbox fits in 2013 Edge Sport:

1. the oem sub goes out, this sony amp needs to stay, cause it powers remaining speakers... I used sub hi-output to feed my JL audio AMP (JX 250/1 - I find it a perfect match for the stealthbox)

2. I stripped out everything to the bare metal. Removing the side panel is really irritating + you have to be really careful not to get dirty with that sticky white glue applied all over seals... damn you Ford!!!!!

stealth1.jpg

3. started from applying the GTMat from the bottom of the window heading down slowly covering all holes. I kept wires outside although a lot of folks like to cover them as well.

stealth2.jpg

So far I only did the trunk - next week I'll try to approach front doors:

stealth3.jpg

I also re-used one of metal brackets holds the OEM amp to attach it to the metal - I know it could have been more "pro", but I was in a hurry to finish before the sandstorm starts for good...

stealth4.jpg

And final result is as follows:

stealth5.jpg

What do you guys think?

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Looks good how does it sound?

It sounds really good. I thought I would need to upgrade front speakers, but so far the OE Sony systems is up for the task... It took me a while to tune it the way I like, but finally I can say "IT SOUNDS THE WAY I WANTED IT TO!" ;-)

What size sub is that?

This is JLAudio 10W3v3-2 in a sealed enclosure (after Stealthbox website) - looks like they dont offer Edge stealthbox anymore (I got mine from reseller @ ebay)