Help with Navigation and Destinations app

I'm not computer illiterate but two weeks of reading and experimentation has me wondering. I have a 2015 Edge Sport with MyTouch SYNC, and both a 64GB Samsung S6 smartphone and a 32GB with a 64GB card Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 LTE tablet on Verizon. The Ford Destinations app is installed on both devices.

The phone is synced to the Edge (no issues). The Edge navigation itself works properly so long as the destination is entered through the console display (no issues).

The problem: I can't figure out the Edge navigation console controls/keypresses to retrieve a destination sent by the Destinations app on the phone or tablet (via the 800 #) to the vehicle.

What am I missing here? I'm feeling pretty silly here.

The Edge manual seems to assume prior knowledge. The Destinations app on-screen instructions, after the call is completed, don't appear to match what is available to me on the Edge console. I've been through the videos on YouTube, the owner.ford.com site pages and fordsyncforum.com site pages. (I hate to say this, but the latter site just seems to be a gunfight over software upgrades and there is no logical forum to post within.)

TIA.