Wish we had real LED tail lights

Tiffany

I replaced the tail light bulbs in my Subaru with LED replacements. They don't seem to be quite as bright as the OEM incandescents, but there's no doubt they are LEDs. One downside is that the turn signal flasher thinks the bulb is burned out (because the LED draws so little current), and flashes too fast.

Check eBay. There are lots of replacements for the 3157 bulb, and some are the new high-wattage LEDs that should be very bright.

I replaced the tail light bulbs in my Subaru with LED replacements. They don't seem to be quite as bright as the OEM incandescents, but there's no doubt they are LEDs. One downside is that the turn signal flasher thinks the bulb is burned out (because the LED draws so little current), and flashes too fast.

Check eBay. There are lots of replacements for the 3157 bulb, and some are the new high-wattage LEDs that should be very bright.

yes..you have led bulbs in a standard taillight housing..its not the same..I am sure you know that..those bulbs in a standard housing are kinda dangerous because in direct sunlight in a red taillight you cannot see the red LED brake lamp turn off and on..atleast thats what I have experience. The reason why the blinker blinks so fast is because you need a resistor..that will solve all of your problems...but also I only had a problem with the blinker blinking too fast if you have LED bulbs in the front and rear of the vehicle.(both blinkers)

I too wish we had a replacement housing with LED's built it..that would be REAL nice!

IT would be nice to have LED tails too.

Heck, my wee Mazda 3SP has them (factory)!!! But I digress - it is a want - not need.

Still, it would look really nice - especially with HID on the front! I am sure eventually someone will fabricate LED tails for the Edge at it is in the correct market to get a good deal of aftermarket options - eventually IMO.

Ford - make it so!

Solas

"Begin to see the world behind the world you see and you too will believe"