FORD's long term reliabilty?

Denicio

You can only do so much while in motion, and entering an address is not one of them. So I'm talking about dead stopped.

I'm talking about when I try to type on the screen to enter an address.

Example:

I will try to type the city Detroit. So I type D...pause...and then it limits the letters I can use based on the cities listed in the database.....type E....pause again to limit the letters I can use. I understand what it is doing which is trying to get to a short list for me to choose instead of typing the rest. But it is just slow. I am used to instant feedback with Google Maps.

So then you do the same for the street name. And then the house number.

Now if you only use it once in a blue moon...not really a big deal. And you can set presets/favorite locations so no typing is necessary for frequent places.

The only time I use it now is for long trips which are rare.

The cool thing with the Nav is how it shows up on the screen to the right of the speedo in MFT. So no need to look at the big screen. Just glance down to see how far until your next turn.

Stopped. You can't enter an address manually while moving. You can use voice control to do it at any time. It's worked for me but some report it doesn't work for them.

Honestly you need to go test one to see if you have problems with it or not. It's not going to respond like a smart phone or ipad but the only issue I have with MFT (I have it on 3 vehicles) is when I use voice command to play a song or playlist it continues playing the current one for 4 or 5 seconds before starting the new one.

I found voice destination entering is much easier and faster than typing. Say "Destination address" then street address and city name. Works fine for 90% of my destinations. It fails when some peculiar street names should be voiced - I have no idea how Ormskirk Rd should sound but I always fail at saying it the way MFT would recognize.

Edited by Vadimus

Okay, well my Mazda acts in a similar way. Typing a letter drills down to known cities and only highlights the letters of possibilities.

The only voice thing I mess with is "Call Wife" and my mazda does it 7 out of 10 times.

I live and die by my Ipod (yeah, old school). I have podcasts I listen to that would fill up a phone fast. So my 160 gig ipod is my pal.

Last nights drive of the Titanium gave me mixed results of the Artwork of the album showing up. Again not a big deal but is that a warning flag of other possible problems? The Sync3 reproduced all the artwork faithfully. The titanium showed the generic pictures for 'rock' and 'alternative' and 'music'. Not a big deal at all, other than wondering if the MFT's panties are in a wad and its trying to do too much which may result in a freeze. Dunno.

Since my salesman is super cool I may just have to ask him for the keys to an Edge and sit in it for hours tinkering with it while he helps other customers who are ready to buy.

Question: When you guys use google maps on your phone, does it throw the google voice commands to the MFT and the Edge's speakers? My mazda used to do that but a recent improvement stopped that (always new, rarely improved). Now when my BT connects and I use google maps its dead silent on the car and phone. Total silence. Sigh...

When I used my iPod with Sync the voice commands worked great. "Play Track Freebird" or "Play Artist Kiss" would usually work 99.9% of the time. It was really good for that.

Now I just use Spotify or Pandora since my Free Sirius sub ran out. If I go on a long road trip, I'll activate Sirius for a week or grab one of thier 5 months for $20 specials. But right now I don't drive enough to keep Sirius no matter how cheap they offer it to me.