Fuel fill cap/door

Navihawk

My apologies if this has been covered in another thread, and I hope I'm posting in the right place: I've seen a few vehicles, like our 2013 Honda Odyssey, that have a place on the inside of the fuel door to hang the gas cap when it's removed to pump gas. I have a 2010 Edge Limited, and looking at the inside of the fuel door, there doesn't seem to be any way to hook the cap on the door. There is a small hook (see the pic below; the arrow points to the hook I'm talking about), but I don't know if that's for the cap. There's also a picture of the cap itself; is there supposed to be something in that area?

So am I missing something? Was that year and model equipped with any kind of hook or tab for the gas cap? Since I'm the second owner, I suppose the fuel door could have been modified or replaced, or maybe a holder/hook was removed for some reason; but since I don't know what it's supposed to look like, I don't know if it's different. I tried to find a picture of the door online, with no luck, but some images of fuel doors on other Ford vehicles look like there's supposed to be something else on the door to hook the cap to, so that's why I'm thinking maybe it was removed on mine. And the manual wasn't any help; there are no pictures of the fuel door, at least none that I could find. Thanks in advance for any info...

post-39776-0-33539500-1456420941_thumb.jpg

post-39776-0-02690000-1456420948_thumb.jpg

Edited by Navihawk