Floor Mats COLOR?

Rusty

When I purchased my 2008 White Sand Tricolor, the camel floor mats came with it. After reading some of the threads, I decided to purchase the charcoal (black) floor mats since the interior is two tone.

So here's the prob....the camel mats are just plain mats, whereas the black floor mats have the word "EDGE" in raised letters. I like the raised letters, but am wondering why the original camel mats didn't comet that way.

Anyone else have this?

When I purchased my 2008 White Sand Tricolor, the camel floor mats came with it. After reading some of the threads, I decided to purchase the charcoal (black) floor mats since the interior is two tone.

So here's the prob....the camel mats are just plain mats, whereas the black floor mats have the word "EDGE" in raised letters. I like the raised letters, but am wondering why the original camel mats didn't comet that way.

Anyone else have this?

Hi Rusty. :D The OEM mats which come in the vehicle from the factory (whether Camel or Black) are not embroidered with "Edge" on them.

You then purchased the "Ford Accessory" mats. You will notice that, compared to the mats which came in the vehicle from the factory, the front mats are a little heavier, a little bigger, bound around the edges (no pun intended), and are embroidered with the vehicle name (the rear mats are not embroidered).

You could have ordered the "Ford Accessory" mats in Camel, and they would have come embroidered also. Nothing wrong here, just the way it is.

Hope this information helps.

Good luck! :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

The mats look great and am happy we purchased them since the dirt will now be concealed.

Thanks for the clarification. Was wondering why the back mats don't quite match the seat bolts though. However I am happy with the look.

Just added fish-eyes (wide mirror) to the side view mirrors. There is a blind spot on the driver's side, even for a huge SUV. Been doing this since I drove a ProSound Truck in the 70's (back in my day!).

Thanks again.

Rusty