Just got the Edge yesterday

fordaholic

My name is Steve. We just bought an 08 Edge SE FWD, Vapor Silver, Med Light Stone Cloth interior. Not too many options. Traded our 03 F 150 Super Cab on it. Have a new baby coming in a couple of months and the Edge will be a lot easier to load the kid in and out of then the Suped Cab would have been. Fuel mileage should be a little better, too. Salesman said that his AWD has gotten as high as 26mpg on the highway. Is that around what everyone eles is getting, too? Anyway, we had been looking at the Edges for a few months and finally got the opportunity to drive the one we bought. Really like it so far, but only have about 30 miles on it so far. Seats are a lot more comfortable than the ones in the truck were. Should do most everything we need it to do. We only used our truck as a truck about one or two times a year, so it didn't seem worth it to get 14-16mpg all the time just to use it twice a year. Hope to learn a lot and share about the Edge here.

Steve

Welcome to your new Edge - it is a great vehicle.

Things to note about MPG.

1 - depending on your climate your climate you are on Winter Gas = less MPG off the bat

2 - If you are on winter gas, you climate is colder = longer warm up times = less MPG

3 - Engine is new and tight (should not be on highway yet - at least not traveling > 55MPH) and thus will have less MPG

My FWD is 17.9 MPG 100% City for reference. The 26MPG CAN be had in the AWD - but is unlikely. Its rated MPG is 15/22 and I think your salesman was pushing a little too much for the sale. I am not saying it is impossible - but very unlikely.

There is a good amount of info on this car here - and it will only grow.

Solas

Welcome to your new Edge - it is a great vehicle.

Things to note about MPG.

1 - depending on your climate your climate you are on Winter Gas = less MPG off the bat

2 - If you are on winter gas, you climate is colder = longer warm up times = less MPG

3 - Engine is new and tight (should not be on highway yet - at least not traveling > 55MPH) and thus will have less MPG

My FWD is 17.9 MPG 100% City for reference. The 26MPG CAN be had in the AWD - but is unlikely. Its rated MPG is 15/22 and I think your salesman was pushing a little too much for the sale. I am not saying it is impossible - but very unlikely.

There is a good amount of info on this car here - and it will only grow.

Solas

Just for reference, my '07 AWD SEL + has been a steady 17-18 MPG in town and 24-26 on the highway.. and that is manual calculation, not the computer... though it reports withing a tenth or so.. usually under actual.

• 2 weeks later...

Got another new Edge. We had been waiting for the second key and the door keypad code from the dealer because the Edge had come from another of their dealerships and the code and key were still there. Anyway, got a call from our salesman on Tuesday with a message to call him back. First thing I think is they finally got our key and code in. I call him back and he informs me that they got the VIN on another Edge that they had mixed up with the one we had. They wanted us to come in and trade them Edges. I was kind of worried about this. The salesman told me on the phone that the other one was identical to the one we had. When we got to the dealer we found that the new one had a black interior and the one we had, had the medium light stone. I actually like the look of the black better, so I guess it worked out. Plus we had about 680 miles on the other one and this one has 40 miles on it and we got another full tank of gas. I will have to put the miles back on it to get it broke in again though. Oh well.

Steve