'07 Ford Edge Pet Barrier

Hello-

I have a 6 month old chocolate lab puppy that I would like to restrain in the cargo area of my Edge when traveling for his safety...and mine! I purchased a vehicle pet barrier, but it has suction cups on the top and bottom of the supports. Due to the contours of the Edge, the top suction cups don't fit snugly against the roof of the vechile, so it doesn't stay in place very well. Does anyone have a barrier that securely fits the Edge? If it's loose at all, my puppy can and will find a way to get through it.

Thanks!

Kim

• 3 weeks later...

I do not use one with our Lab/Great Dane (8mos@60lbs) and Shepard/Collie (7mos@35lbs) mixes. They just sit back there. However, they are well trained for being puppies still.

The Lab/GD tried a few times to get over the seat - easy for him to do. So I sat back there and after a few times to correct him (I of course was not driving), now he just slobbers on the seat - eeewwww. But that is easy to clean up since I have leather.

The Shepard/Collie just lays down and prays the Lab/GD does not sit on her. :yup:

Good luck in your search - I do not know of one that fits perfectly - sorry.

Solas