what a deal-very happy

phoneguy55

had a day off of work so thought I would "see" what Ford could do for me with respect to my '04 Jeep Rubicon. After getting the best deal( ahem ) on the trade for an '08 Limited AWD I threatened to look elsewhere unless they could do something "else" for me. So they haggled a bit and gave me another $1K for my trade. With incentives of $2500 it looked pretty good and i would only need about $1K down.

BUT !..then I asked about a lease. Since trades on a lease can only be "so" much ...they would cut me a check for the remainder of my trade value ( $4750) .... I would need nothing down....and my net monthly payment would go down by about $100 a month. With Ford making the first months lease payment , and then them throwing in 3 years of free scheduled maintenance...I feel I scored a home run.....and best of all .....6 hours after walking in to the dealership , I was driving out in my new Edge. Wow...what a day.

Congrats!!!

What kind of Edge did you get - colors options etc? You left out the most important part :stats:

Sound like you know your way to haggle. The way I always see it is if you are happy with the deal, you got a steal.

I had the XPlan and an EXCELLENT dealer that gave me $3K for my $1K jalopy of a base cavalier (head gasket leak, bad struts, broken a/c, bad fan resistor (speeds 1 and 2 not work), chipped paint). I was VERY happy and thought I got a steal too. Did I really - well - not so much because I found out the dealer had kick backs from Ford to make up the trade in amount. Nonetheless, I will definitely go back to them in a heartbeat because the whole process was 100% painless.

Post your edge specifics please (not to sound demanding or anything :shades: )

Solas

Congrats!!!

What kind of Edge did you get - colors options etc? You left out the most important part :stats:

Sound like you know your way to haggle. The way I always see it is if you are happy with the deal, you got a steal.

I had the XPlan and an EXCELLENT dealer that gave me $3K for my $1K jalopy of a base cavalier (head gasket leak, bad struts, broken a/c, bad fan resistor (speeds 1 and 2 not work), chipped paint). I was VERY happy and thought I got a steal too. Did I really - well - not so much because I found out the dealer had kick backs from Ford to make up the trade in amount. Nonetheless, I will definitely go back to them in a heartbeat because the whole process was 100% painless.

Post your edge specifics please (not to sound demanding or anything :shades: )

Solas

hi.....I had to have the black limited model.....and I will add a few more chrome accents. My biggest fear is a door ding so I may add side molding....but that will take some research to find a style that looks good and not cheap. I am so tempted to see what it will do on the open road....but I want to break it in "gently"...after the rumble of driving my wide tired Jeep for 4 years...this ride is sweet.

The one I ended up getting had the sunroof....sattelite radio....leather seating package....towing package....reverse sensors...very posh compared to my last ride. I wanted the black interior leather so bad....but to order it or find one out of state would have defeated the incentives...so I settled for the "Stone" interior....

take care ...