newbie from SOCal

jm0624

Just picked up our 08 edge SEL and simply love the car. I'm taking it to get after market 20" wheels today with the factory navigation installed next week. It's vapor silver with black interior, vista roof, and power liftgate. When i'm done with the mods i'll have a Limited Edge without the sticker price and much better wheels than the 20" chrome clad ones from Ford. Way to go Ford, finally a fun car that looks great. Oh yeah, kudos on the 5 star crash test rating. As soon as the mods are done on the car I'll post pictures in the gallery. Anybody in the market for an Edge can feel free to ask me any questions about the car. Take care and happy edge shopping. :shift:

Welcome to the board.

While you will be close to a limited there are a few features you will be missing - mainly for reference. Did you get the Premium Package or the Seating Flexibility Package?

Reverse Sensing System (for us, this is a false sense because it always goes off in our garage) - did opt for this?

SYNC - you did not mention if you got it. It is standard on Limited, but option otherwise. This is a GREAT feature IMO. Get it if you can (if it works with your phone/mp3 player of course).

Premium+Seating Flexibility PKG only exists on the Limited. Cant get both on the others.

Cant wait for the pictures.

Solas

Welcome to the board.

While you will be close to a limited there are a few features you will be missing - mainly for reference. Did you get the Premium Package or the Seating Flexibility Package?

Reverse Sensing System (for us, this is a false sense because it always goes off in our garage) - did opt for this?

SYNC - you did not mention if you got it. It is standard on Limited, but option otherwise. This is a GREAT feature IMO. Get it if you can (if it works with your phone/mp3 player of course).

Premium+Seating Flexibility PKG only exists on the Limited. Cant get both on the others.

Cant wait for the pictures.

Solas

I did get the sync with the car and the seating flexibility package. No reverse sensing though, but i will get a backup camera to instead. I guess there are some little things that i didn't get but had i wanted them i probably would have considered a limited edtition. Anyhow, i am very happy with the car. I just got back from getting the 20" wheels and after market tires and let me say, WOW. Very nice

Just picked up our 08 edge SEL and simply love the car. I'm taking it to get after market 20" wheels today with the factory navigation installed next week. It's vapor silver with black interior, vista roof, and power liftgate. When i'm done with the mods i'll have a Limited Edge without the sticker price and much better wheels than the 20" chrome clad ones from Ford. Way to go Ford, finally a fun car that looks great. Oh yeah, kudos on the 5 star crash test rating. As soon as the mods are done on the car I'll post pictures in the gallery. Anybody in the market for an Edge can feel free to ask me any questions about the car. Take care and happy edge shopping. :shift:
I'm really looking into one. Will be an 08 limited or a Mazda CX9 GT. See my post in this section. Some of my feedback on the two cars! I really would love to stick with Ford not just a 30% Ford holding Co. :rockon: Tell me why i should buy an Edge.

I am a Ford guy all the way. The cx9 is a very nice car and i did look into purchasing the vehicle myself. Basically i cannot knock the Mazda, it's a great vehicle and very reliable and should last you a very long time. With the Edge you get more bang for your buck. You can stay under 35.000 with a well stocked Edge where you would have to be in the high 30's with the Mazda. Also, the Mazda does not have sync which is the greatest feature of my edge. Put some 20" wheels on the edge and it looks very sporty, more so than the mazda.

Again, you can't go wrong with either car but for me i went with my heart and i'm glad i did. I love this vehicle.

• 3 weeks later...

Obviously I went with the Edge, had it for almost two weeks now. Going back to dealer already for tear in headliner, caused by them, steering wheel a little to the right, and drivers door won't close fully, catch just needs to be adjusted. Not a bad car yet but I do see a couple of CX9's around and wonder what if............? Oval

• 3 weeks later...
Obviously I went with the Edge, had it for almost two weeks now. Going back to dealer already for tear in headliner, caused by them, steering wheel a little to the right, and drivers door won't close fully, catch just needs to be adjusted. Not a bad car yet but I do see a couple of CX9's around and wonder what if............? Oval

New owner in So Cal as well! Redondo Beach area. Picked up our new 08 Limited yesterday! Options we added were the 20" wheels, Navigation, Vista Roof, and Tow Package. Looks great parked next to our 2003 dark charcoal Mustang GT convertible!