ask ford.com = waiste of time

I have sent a couple of questions to askford.com and have concluded that they are a total waiste of time and offer no help.

Question one: Will using 5-30 oil void the waranty?

Response: I received a cut and paste from the owners manual.

My follow up brought a response of "That is all the information we can provide at this time"

Question two: Can I change the oil myself as long as I keep records?

Response: We recomend that you change your oil at the ford dealer so that it is done right.

My follow up brought a response of "That is all the information we can provide at this time"

I have sent a couple of questions to askford.com and have concluded that they are a total waiste of time and offer no help.

Question one: Will using 5-30 oil void the waranty?

Response: I received a cut and paste from the owners manual.

Question two: Can I change the oil myself as long as I keep records?

Response: We recomend that you change your oil at the ford dealer so that it is done right.

Hi dckotwicki. :D Well, I can't explain AskFord's answers, other than to say they gave basic answers which are true, but not what most people want to hear.

As to your questions. 5W-20 is the recommended oil viscosity. If you use any other oil viscosity, or use a 5W-20 which does not meet the minimum SAE standards that Ford specifies, your warranty coverage on engine related problems can be voided. Not saying coverage definitely will be denied, just that it can be if the Dealer/Ford decide to push the issue. Therefore, if you use a non-approved oil, you need to go with the assumption you have voided your warranty concerning engine wear related coverage.

Yes you can do your own oil changes, and if you keep the receipts for your oil and filters, you will be safe (as long as you are using the proper oil and filter).

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530