17 Edge under body cover

CTFordfan

just traded the 11 Edge for a used 17 Titanuim 2.0. It only has 14 k however with only 1 oil change done by previous owner it was missing a screw holding the felt under body cover on. As I changed the oil upon closer inspection I see the screw is actually broken off in the fastener. Likely an over zealous tech with a cordless impact. So I need the screw and the body fastener it screws into. This is the rear of the cover and it also holds up the front of a metal cover. I saw I diagram here on the site but it does not show that particular fastener.

Can anyone help with a part number of that body nut??

Any help is much appreciated.

The dealer- looking at the same drawing I was, could not tell which type nut this position is. They only had the red plastic nuts in stock but i thought this spot had a metal nut- I will know soon enough when I can get under there again. Anyone know for sure?

Ā 

Take a look, I think you need the following parts, HC1, HN1, and HS1 (hardware for the 6P013 Air Shield)

Ā 

HC1 is the Clip and it is part number W718150

HN1 is the Nut and it is part number W702438

HS1 is the Screw w/ Spring Washer and it is part number W702413

Ā 

Should cost you around $10.00 in total for one of each item

post-44888-0-35662100-1518652145_thumb.jpg

Edited by roots57
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

So the dealer provided a pkg of red plastic insert nuts- wrong part, i have none of these in any position.

Dealer provided screws with a torx head- wrong part, i have none of these in any position.

Dealer provided- after I sent my wife back again and told them i need a metal insert, a small metal snap in insert that was correct and it accepts a 4.2 x 1.41 x 20 mm screw with built in washer.

So again, even the dealer cannot tell which fastener is in what position with this dismal diagram. I had to tell them what was there, odd.

While i was under there i also put two of those inserts where the plastic push in fastners are, and added 2 screws. i could not get them to snap in tight. So now I need only the 7mm driver to remove the cover.

Anyone who changes oil must hate these covers.

• Like 1