Do your doors shut?

fredj132

On my 2007 Edge, I have complained since taking the vehicle in August that when the driver's door is closed the panels do not line up. It has been back to to dealer many times for various faults but apparently nothing can be adjusted to make the doors align when closed. This only affects the drivers side, so I suppose I should be thankful for small mercies.

Has anyone else suffered from this comical built control?

post-2331-1209503643_thumb.jpg

On my 2007 Edge, I have complained since taking the vehicle in August that when the driver's door is closed the panels do not line up. It has been back to to dealer many times for various faults but apparently nothing can be adjusted to make the doors align when closed. This only affects the drivers side, so I suppose I should be thankful for small mercies.

My wife's 2008 Edge Limited has the same issue with the driver's door. She does not even notice it. I have not complained becasue the fix, if any, is probably worse than the problem. The car is as tight as a vault and I don't want to screw with that by playing around with the door alignment. It is a lease so in 2.5 years it goes back just like it came.

Still love the vehicle in every way so this one little glitch isn't worth the worry to us. No issues of any kind. Only trip to the dealer was the first oil change (freebie).

I feel the same way if it is a cosmetic issue, i think i will just live with it. on my 07 Sport Trac, the drivers door weatherstrip was deformed on the inside. It didn't affect anything, just looked crappy. Dealer replaced it, now there is terrible wind noise from the mirror area, like they didn't reseal something.

My wife's 2008 Edge Limited has the same issue with the driver's door. She does not even notice it. I have not complained becasue the fix, if any, is probably worse than the problem. The car is as tight as a vault and I don't want to screw with that by playing around with the door alignment. It is a lease so in 2.5 years it goes back just like it came.

Still love the vehicle in every way so this one little glitch isn't worth the worry to us. No issues of any kind. Only trip to the dealer was the first oil change (freebie).

My 08 Limited came through the same way!. The drivers door did not line up and you could actually push the door in a little where it would squish the rubber weatherstripping. I brought it to the service departments' attention and they said they tried to fix it but if I didn't like it it would probably have to go to their body shop. Well I took the car to a local body man and it took him 5 min. to fix it! He brought the door striker in 1/8" towards the interior and brought the rear door in to meet the body lines. All is perfect now. He did not charge me either, I'll buy him a beer or 6! By the way, my wife didn't notice it either, until I showed her how the lines where off. Ford needs to step up their quality control. Oval

isn't that the passenger door?

anyway yeah it's definitely off but since it's not severly so I'd say just turn it in at end of lease