Pros and cons of buying a leftover 2017 Ford Edge SEL AWD

I'm likely to buy my 2nd Edge this coming week. $9400 off sticker on a 2017 with 20 miles is certainly appealing. $4500 for my 2010 Edge with 132,000, is disappointing. Unfortunately it has been in 4 minor accidents which hurts the value. It's very clean and well maintained. What's the recommended mileage for the 1st oil change? Break in period? It was sitting for 17 months. Not sure why it hasn't sold. It's a SEL AWD loaded and Metalic Blue. I'm hoping the switch from Silver won't be disappointing. TIA for any feedback.

Hi there!

I prefer blue to silver, personally. I think the first oil change is something like 5000 miles - what's the mileage of that car? I'm honestly surprised the dealership still has a '17 as "new". I would harp on the fact that the 19MY is coming out imminently, so the 17 is USED, and you should not be spending new car $$ on a USED car.

Hi there!

I prefer blue to silver, personally. I think the first oil change is something like 5000 miles - what's the mileage of that car? I'm honestly surprised the dealership still has a '17 as "new". I would harp on the fact that the 19MY is coming out imminently, so the 17 is USED, and you should not be spending new car $$ on a USED car.

It only had 17 miles on it and is considered a leftover. It was discounted 23% off sticker. They say the 2019 Edge won't show up till December. I bought the new 2017 Metallic Blue and love it. My service dealer, which is closer to me, suggested an oil change now, since the oil has been sitting in it for nearly 18 months. I'm heading back where I purchased it tomorrow for an oil change. I had asked for a wax job as part of the deal, since the new paint has been sitting in the dust and sun since it was manufactured in March 2017. They did a poor job detailing it. I'm gonna pay a professional to claw bar and apply a sealer to the paint for $150. He says the color will pop after its sealed.