18" wheel shortage

Habman

I purchased a SEL with BAMR and 18" wheels on December 20th 2006. As of February 2nd my dealer said still no VIN from Ford. He said they have a shortage of 18" wheels due to higher than estimated demand, and that all available production now was being sent to the US market as that is their priority. Canadian ordersd were bing pushed back. Has anyone in Fork Oakville heard of this "shortage"?

I purchased a SEL with BAMR and 18" wheels on December 20th 2006. As of February 2nd my dealer said still no VIN from Ford. He said they have a shortage of 18" wheels due to higher than estimated demand, and that all available production now was being sent to the US market as that is their priority. Canadian ordersd were bing pushed back. Has anyone in Fork Oakville heard of this "shortage"?

I just came across this in another section. Lets hope the wait is over on the wheels.

The supplier that produces the 18" chrome rims fell behind on orders. They are mass producing the rims now and all orders will be filled. Should take a week or so to get caught up.

If your dealership has high turn over of vehicles he/she should press Ford to get yours serialized. We have shipped 32,000 units thus far and currently have 25,000 in order bank.

Please be patient, it will be well worth it.

Yours an SEL?