Yelling at my SYNC

INTERAVE

Does anyone have the same problem? I have to talk extremely loud to my SYNC when my A/C is on. This is extremely embarrasing to the other occupants in my vehicle when I need to talk to SYNC and embarrassing to me when drivers of other vehicles are next to me at a light and staring at me yelling in my car "PHONE!" "CALL HOME!" :banghead::censored: :wacko:

Does anyone have the same problem? I have to talk extremely loud to my SYNC when my A/C is on. This is extremely embarrasing to the other occupants in my vehicle when I need to talk to SYNC and embarrassing to me when drivers of other vehicles are next to me at a light and staring at me yelling in my car "PHONE!" "CALL HOME!" :banghead::censored: :wacko:

Try speaking directly at the rear view mirror - that's where the microphone is.

Try speaking directly at the rear view mirror - that's where the microphone is.

Oh, I do alright. Its just that sometimes if either the BAMR is open or the A/C is on, SYNC cant hear me clearly and I have to repeat myself or hit the steering button again and yell my command louder. I thought that maybe there was a continuous problem with other SYNC users and if an update for this was needed and available yet.

I have exactly the same issue with my '08 Limited and it is in the dealership now for that same problem; I have to yell at it! After speaking with the tech he is telling me that it is normal and I believe that there is something wrong with it. Additionally after hitting the SYNC command button I get a weak, crackly voice at first and then the voice gets much louder and clearer after it hears me. I am not happy with how it is working and am trying to research the issue.. :banghead:

Edited by smokenshot

I have exactly the same issue with my '08 Limited and it is in the dealership now for that same problem; I have to yell at it! After speaking with the tech he is telling me that it is normal and I believe that there is something wrong with it. Additionally after hitting the SYNC command button I get a weak, crackly voice at first and then the voice gets much louder and clearer after it hears me. I am not happy with how it is working and am trying to research the issue.. :banghead:

Hey, let me know how that goes. I would like to know if I should do the same thing and bring it in to the dealer. :rockon:

• 3 weeks later...

I have the problem reversed! My SYNC is so loud everytime I hit the media button, and it's driving me nuts. Do I really have to quickly turn the volume down right after pushing the MEDIA button every time? Is there no way to set a specific volume for her voice (and the incoming phone calls) so my eardrums are spared?

Especially when I have to hit the button every time I get in the car otherwise it plays the same darn song over and over and over. I have to tell it every time to PLAY ALL. I don't understand why there is no way to set these the way I want them and for the car to remember that! Is that so hard??

My only issue with Sync is that I know what it will ask and I get ahead of it a bit. When I first tried Sync, I was worried that I might be too monotone and mumble a bit too much for it, no problems though. Some issues with non-English named songs, but that's to be expected.

Edited by JRavey

I have the problem reversed! My SYNC is so loud everytime I hit the media button, and it's driving me nuts. Do I really have to quickly turn the volume down right after pushing the MEDIA button every time? Is there no way to set a specific volume for her voice (and the incoming phone calls) so my eardrums are spared?

Especially when I have to hit the button every time I get in the car otherwise it plays the same darn song over and over and over. I have to tell it every time to PLAY ALL. I don't understand why there is no way to set these the way I want them and for the car to remember that! Is that so hard??

Press the menu button

Press feed back

Adjust voice level

Hey, let me know how that goes. I would like to know if I should do the same thing and bring it in to the dealer. :rockon:

Remember it is not a person it is a machine. I never yell at mine and can talk softly to it. ONly time I have any problem is when people in the car are talking when I am trying to tell it a command. I have a buddy from work and he yells at his cell phone, cracks me up. I can get his cell phone and talk softly to it and bam it works just fine.

I am sure it just is not understanding you, nothing to do with the volume of your voice. Make sure you are looking forward and don't have head turned when saying a command.

Oh I will mention this is southeast Texas and you know us Texicans have the drawl thing going, Yee Haw.

Good Luck