Pickin my KITT Edge up tomorrow!

Suz

Hi ya'll. I'm way excited to be a new owner of a 2008 FWD SE EDGE in black with camel interior that I'm picking up tomorrow night! I call it KITT to myself becuase of the SYNC and all the little buttons that I will never understand. But I am a music freak and can't wait to rock out in the car with my Ipod! :rockon:

I know nothing about wheels, but hubby and I want to put black rims on it in the future. Don't laugh, but do you have to buy seperate tires when you buy new rims or can they be put on the tires that are already on the car???

Thanks all and looking forward to talking "edge" with ya'll in the future! :happy feet:

Hi ya'll. I'm way excited to be a new owner of a 2008 FWD SE EDGE in black with camel interior that I'm picking up tomorrow night! I call it KITT to myself becuase of the SYNC and all the little buttons that I will never understand. But I am a music freak and can't wait to rock out in the car with my Ipod! :rockon:

I know nothing about wheels, but hubby and I want to put black rims on it in the future. Don't laugh, but do you have to buy seperate tires when you buy new rims or can they be put on the tires that are already on the car???

Thanks all and looking forward to talking "edge" with ya'll in the future! :happy feet:

Hi Suz. :D Congratulations and good luck with the new Edge.

Concerning your tire question: You can have the "old tires" put on the new wheels, as long as the new wheels are the same diameter as the old wheels. In other words, if your factory wheels (the ones that will be on it tomorrow) are 18 inch wheels, your new wheels will need to be 18 inches. If your factory wheels are 19 inches, you will need to replace them with 19 inch wheels, and so on.

Essentially, if you want to re-use your tires, let the shop/retailer/seller where you are buying know that. This way they can recommend the correct size replacement wheel. My thoughts are that your husband will know this.

Something you may want to think about if you live in an area where you have harsh winters: If you plan on keeping the old wheels, buy new tires for the new wheels. Use the old wheels in the winter, and save your new wheels for the nicer weather. Just a thought.

The only draw back to this is you would also need to buy new TPMS sensors and straps for the new wheels.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530