Curt hitch installed 2018 SE

reseller was Etrailer dot com

I installed it myself with the aid of a bottle jack. The only addition that I would make to the instructions is to also remove the muffler heat shield. That makes it easier to reinstall the back valence.

I also installed red LED strip lighting across the hitch. Being in FL, having as much rear lighting as posssible is a good thing.

I tapped into the left tail-light and fished 2 wires down to the hitch/receiver.

Total time including wiring, setup and cleanup= 2 hours.

On 1/25/2019 at 12:49 PM, fishx65 said:

Does the Curt still hang to low like it did on 2011-2014 Edges?  I always liked how you could only see the receiver on the  Hidden Hitch models.

you can see the crossbar which to me is no big, deal but Baskin Robbins had 31 flavors for a reason. I used the bar a place to mount red LED strips so now I have aalmost 4 feet of red LEDs in the back of my vehicle. As a rider, I have my motorcycle lit up like a XMAS tree and add LEDs to all of my 4 wheel vehicles too. Between texting/Facebook distracted drivers and the abundance of elderly here, I'll do as much as possible trying to grab a drivers attention

here are the LEDs that are on the hitch. 3M spray adhesive is what I use on the back of all LED installations on vehicles. They are on when the lights are on and are NOT also wired to the brake. I did not buy dual mode LEDs. (For my motorcycle, absolutely ) Wiring dual-mode would not have been any more difficult. I just would have also tapped into the brake light on the left tail light assembly

leds on hitch.jpg

• Like 1