Trip odometer reset

Navihawk

Just wondering if anyone has had this happen to them…

2010 Edge. Sometimes when I get gas and I reset the two trip odometers (just a habit I’ve always done), “Trip A” and “Trip B”, and then leave the gas station, the trip meter will go back to the miles that were on it before I reset it. Distance seems to matter: The gas station I use the most is about 2 miles from home, and sometimes I stop at a grocery store that’s between the two. The trip meter will stay reset, but then sometimes when I start the car after leaving the store, it goes back to the miles from before I pumped the gas and reset the meter.

If I reset the trip meters BEFORE I shut off the car at the pump, it almost always does it; but if I wait until I’m done pumping and then start the car again, it only does it sometimes. But then if I stop on the way home, it sometimes does it too. And the strangest of all is if I pump gas, reset the meters (and I make sure they’re at zero), go straight home, and then start the car the next morning to go to work, occasionally the meter goes back to the previous miles.

It's not a big deal, and I probably don’t need to go see about getting it fixed. It’s just an odd thing, and more of an annoying inconvenience than a problem.