"Play All" bug found

So.. I have been indecisive lately about what to listen to off my iPod Nano and have been deciding to just do the "Play All" option (spoken "Play All" or pressed as a playlist option under under "Play Lists"). Well, I started to notice that it worked perfect.. until you shut off the car and restarted. It will pick up where it left off fine BUT it will no longer "Play All" - as in all your songs - it just stays with the artist you were playing and will keep doing so endlessly.

I tested this many times and the same thing happens every single time. An example.. I say "Play All" and I get some Jimi and maybe some Bob and then maybe a little Matisyahu and then some Ice Cube.... then I shut off the car and come back and resume and now, I stay in Ice Cube and never ever leave unless I do another new "Play All".

Anyone else get this bug/issue?

Lex,

I get the same issue using my ipod nano. I have noticed that if i set the ipod to shuffle(through the ipod) and don't unplug it (i keep in in my car) the next day it resumes it's all play shuffle.

hmmm.. so you say you set it to play all songs in the iPod and then hook it to the USB cable while it is playing and that somehow keeps you connected AND keeps the true shuffle of Play All working, but just plugging in the iPod and selecting Play All via the Sync and you get the bug I mention on restart of car? seems like if you did that, the moment Sync acquires the iPod and the Ford logo shows up on the iPod screen, anything you were doing in the iPod is now stopped as the iPod is waiting for the Sync system to tell it what to do.

Also, I would think the moment you make any other selection that you specifically want to listen to, like a genre or artist or album, that the steps you claim work for you would become null & void.. until you reset it up again like above?

hmmm.. so you say you set it to play all songs in the iPod and then hook it to the USB cable while it is playing and that somehow keeps you connected AND keeps the true shuffle of Play All working, but just plugging in the iPod and selecting Play All via the Sync and you get the bug I mention on restart of car? seems like if you did that, the moment Sync acquires the iPod and the Ford logo shows up on the iPod screen, anything you were doing in the iPod is now stopped as the iPod is waiting for the Sync system to tell it what to do.

Also, I would think the moment you make any other selection that you specifically want to listen to, like a genre or artist or album, that the steps you claim work for you would become null & void.. until you reset it up again like above?

Lex,

this is how i've corrected the bug...

with car on and ipod connected (ipod is stuck on bug)

with the ipod connected to the usb port turn off the car and open the door

wait for the Ford logo go off

with ipod still on use the ipod to select shuffle

turn back on the car

this seems to keep all play shuffle even after restart - i've only noticed that the bug comes back after the ipod was removed

i've only tried all play shuffle.

well.. I must report.. it worked.

I only tried it 1 time, but sure enough it did correctly continue to Play All and not get stuck on the last artist I was listening to before I shut the car off. interesting. I will test it more, as this system is so finicky who knows if it was a fluke or a true 'work around' hack. time will tell...

now.. if I could just get the Sync to always recognize the USB device and stop defaulting back to Line In.. that would be a real score

well.. I must report.. it worked.

I only tried it 1 time, but sure enough it did correctly continue to Play All and not get stuck on the last artist I was listening to before I shut the car off. interesting. I will test it more, as this system is so finicky who knows if it was a fluke or a true 'work around' hack. time will tell...

now.. if I could just get the Sync to always recognize the USB device and stop defaulting back to Line In.. that would be a real score

glad it worked.. i have noticed that the shuffle setting must reset after the car restarts - i've had the same song replay in the morning and during my trip home from work.

What do you mean getting Sync to alway recongnize the USB device? I keep my ipod connected and each morning Sync connects and starts playing from the day before.

Only once or twice Sync got mixed up and connected to the media stream of my bluetooth phone (which i don't use)????

What do you mean getting Sync to alway recongnize the USB device? I keep my ipod connected and each morning Sync connects and starts playing from the day before.

Only once or twice Sync got mixed up and connected to the media stream of my bluetooth phone (which i don't use)????

consider yourself lucky on this point.. there are many people, some here and others on syncmyride.com, that report an issue I spoke about here in this thread and have myself where the Sync system forgets you were using USB (even after getting out just to simply get gas) and defaults back to Line In. the other thread will explain it, but to me, it is a pretty annoying bug in the Sync system I would love to have fix.

but anyway.. your trick work around seems to have worked as I had it work 3-4 more times throughout the day as long as I just stayed in Play All. I have not seen what will happen yet if I go to play something specific (like Play Artist xxxx) and then come back later to Play All.. I suspect the issue will creep back up at that time.

consider yourself lucky on this point.. there are many people, some here and others on syncmyride.com, that report an issue I spoke about here in this thread and have myself where the Sync system forgets you were using USB (even after getting out just to simply get gas) and defaults back to Line In. the other thread will explain it, but to me, it is a pretty annoying bug in the Sync system I would love to have fix.

but anyway.. your trick work around seems to have worked as I had it work 3-4 more times throughout the day as long as I just stayed in Play All. I have not seen what will happen yet if I go to play something specific (like Play Artist xxxx) and then come back later to Play All.. I suspect the issue will creep back up at that time.

I don't have the factory NAV option - maybe that saves me from the Line In bug.

• 10 months later...

The "play all" bug is back :(

Upgraded to Sync 2.0 and I now notice this same symptom have reappeared as I previously mentioned. will try to redo the work around from post #7 and see if it works. I am pretty sure the 1.2 update solved this for me without the work around, but now seems to be back in 2.0

Edited by Lex Talionis