Replaced Fan assembly

• 2 weeks later...

I replaced the fan assembly in a 2013 today.  The new fans kicked on when I started the engine and turned on the AC.  Then they went off.  I thought it was cycling.  They did not come back on.  S***!!!!!!  I took it for a test drive. AC was cold while driving and did not work at idle.  Same as before fan replacement.  I got 12v at the plug that goes into the fan.  Again, same as before replacement.  I plugged the fan back in and started to wiggle it with the engine running and AC on.  Still no cooling fans.  Then I wiggled the small white control wire on the plug.  The fans started to turn slow, then kicked on.  As I moved the wire around, the fans kicked on and off.  So the wire was bad.  I removed the connector from the plug.  There is a very small tab to push toward the plug center to release it.  I cut the wire about 4 inches back.  I soldered a new wire to the connector and pushed it back into the plug.  I plugged the original fan assembly in to check it and started the engine and AC.  No fans.  I plugged the replacement assembly in and got FANS!  So I had a bad fan assembly and a bad control wire.